Sale and/or transfer of race entries/bib numbers is strictly prohibited. All entry fees are non-refundable, and may not be deferred toward a future event.
Our strict no-refund, no-transfer and no-deferral policy has been modified this year to include
a discount on next year’s race if, after signing up, you tell us by April 15 you cannot compete
in this year’s event. Email email@example.com by April 15 and she will send you a one-time
discount code for the 2018 race of your choice.
Your code will entitle you to a discount in any Borgess race in 2018, and you also are entitled to
pick up your shirt for this year’s race at the Expo at Wings Event Center on May 6. The size of the
discount will be based on which race your registered for in 2017. Those discount amounts:
Marathon – $20
Half Marathon – $15
10K Race – $10
5K Race – $5
5K Walk – $5
After you email Cheryl, she will send you the one-time discount.
- The scheduled event may be cancelled, shortened or altered due to weather, other acts of God, terrorism, or for any other reasons within or not within the control of the Borgess Run for the Health of It in whole or in part, and there are no refunds for any reason.
- All race changes must be approved by the race director in advance.
- To request a race switch, email firstname.lastname@example.org. When switching to a shorter race, the charge for the longer event will apply. When switching to a longer race, the cost of the longer event will apply.
- No pets on the race campus, in or near any of the events or the finish line. No strollers in the running events. Strollers are only permitted in the back of the Priority Health 5K Walk and in the Meijer Kids Fun Run, and parents with strollers must start at the back of the pack. Bicycles, in-line skates, and skateboards are prohibited in all events.
- Courses will be USATF certified and the marathon course will be a Boston qualifier.
- The finish line will be open for 6 hours and 30 minutes. If a runner falls behind the completion schedule, race organizers may request the runner to remove his or her bib and, if continuing, should use sidewalks, and will proceeding at his or her own risk. Runners who fall behind the completion schedule will be offered a ride to the finish line area.
- Headphones are discouraged for your safety.