Catalyst Community Challenge
Friendly, spirited competition for walkers and runners alike! Teams are free this year! All teams can consist of family, friends, neighbors and/or co-workers. Train together. Succeed together. Celebrate together!
Running teams can participate in the 5K Run, 10K Run and Half Marathon.
Spirit Walk Division
A Walk team participates in the 5K Walk and the team with the most spirit wins!
How to Register Teams:
Competitive Running Divisions
- When registering a team on SignMeUp, under “select your category” choose the team option for your event.
- Enter team name
- Fill out registration form
- At the end of the form, click “Add group member” to register other team members
- Check out
You may register up to 5 team members.
NOTE: ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST REGISTER AT THE SAME TIME
5K Walk Spirit Teams
- Turn in team name to Cheryl@borgessrun.com.
- Provide a team roster by April 24 to Cheryl@borgessrun.com
Team Competition Contact Information:
Phone: 269-345-1913 or toll free 877-255-2447
Address: Borgess Run, 261 E. Kalamazoo Ave., Ste L400, Kalamazoo, MI 49007
- Team scoring competition will be in the 5K Run, the 10K Run or the Half Marathon. All members of a team must be in the same race.
- There is no cost for any team. Team members pay regular registration fees.
- Runners may compete for only one team.
- A running team may have no fewer than 3 participants and as many as 5 participants.
- All members of a team must sign up AT THE SAME TIME. No changes can be made after signing up a team.
- Teams may be coed.
- For each running team, the top three finishers, according to their place in their age division, will be combined for that team’s race score.
- The running team with the lowest score wins.
- In case of a tie, the team’s next non-scoring runner with the highest place in his/her age division will be used as the tiebreaker.
- Running awards, in the form of plaques or trophies, will be given to the top three teams in each race (5K, 10K and Half Marathon).
- Medals will be given to the members of the 1st place running teams.
- When scoring is complete, awards will be available at the awards Tent in Tent City. If not complete on race day, the winners will be notified and publicized on the website.
- Photos will be taken at the Catalyst Community Challenge photo area in Tent City between 9 and 11 a.m.
- Team Spirit competition will be in the 5K Walk.
- There is no cost for a Spirit Team. Team members pay regular registration fees.
- A walking team may have no fewer than 5 participants; there is no upper limit.
- Each team must carry a team sign, which will be provided.
- Teams may be coed.
- In the 5K Walk, which is not timed or scored, the team with the most spirit wins.
- Teams will be judged during the walk at the corner of Nazareth Road and the entrance to Nazareth campus.
- Spirit, through attire and actions, must be displayed at that time.
- Spirit awards, in the form of plaques or trophies, will be given to the tope three teams in the 5K Walk.
- Certificates will go to members of the 1st place Spirit Team.
- When scoring is complete, awards will be available at the Awards Tent in tent City. If not complete on race day, the winners will be notified and publicized on the website.
- There will be an opportunity for a team photo at the time of judging (corner of Nazareth Road and the entrance to the Nazareth campus).
- Photos will be taken at the Catalyst Community Challenge photo area in Tent City between 9 and 11 am.