Gather your family, friends, neighbors and/or co-workers to make your running or walking experience more exciting! Train together. Succeed together. Celebrate together!
Recently named one of Michigan’s Healthiest Employers, Southwest Michigan First is pleased to sponsor the Catalyst Community Challenge, Southwest Michigan’s team journey to better health. This friendly, spirited competition will serve as a catalyst for individuals in groups, large and small, who want to motivate and support one another through the winter as they prepare for the May 5 Kalamazoo Marathon and Borgess Run for the Health of It!
Open Running Division: An Open Team can be composed of any participants in either the Borgess 5K Run or Half Marathon (but 5Kers or Half Marathoners ONLY on a team).
Corporate Running Division: A Corporate Team must be composed of employees of a business or organization who work at least 20 hours per week at the organization for which they are competing. They must be participants in the Borgess 5K Run or Half Marathon.
Open Walk Division: A Walk team can be made up friends, family, neighbors, co-workers or anyone you can recruit to celebrate good health! The team with the most spirit wins!
- Team scoring competition will be in the 5K Run or the Half Marathon only. (5Kers do not compete with half marathoners)
- Team spirit competition will be in the 5K Walk.
- Cost is $25 per running team and $10 per walking team (plus individual registration fees).
- A business or organization may enter as many teams as it wishes.
- Runners may compete for only one team.
- A running team may have no fewer than 5 participants and as many as 10 participants.
- A walking team may have no fewer than 5 participants; there is no upper limit.
- Teams may be coed.
- For each running team, the top five finishers, according to their place in their age division, will be combined for that team’s race score.
- The running team with the lowest score wins.
- In case of a tie, the team’s next non-scoring runner with the highest place in his/her age division, will be used as the tiebreaker.
- In the 5K Walk, which is not timed or scored, the team with the most spirit wins.
- Teams will be judged at the Catalyst Community Challenge area in Tent City at the start/finish line. Spirit, through attire and actions, must be displayed at that time.
- Teams will be judged after the 5K Walk.
- Team captains should call 269.345.1913 (or toll-free 877.255.2447) to register their team, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, subject header TEAM COMPETITION. The deadline for registering a team is April 12.
- The team will then be given a team number and name.
- A check must be issued to the Borgess Run and sent to: Borgess Run, 261 E. Kalamazoo Ave., Suite L400, Kalamazoo, MI 49007
- Once the check is received, the team’s name and number will be posted on the online registration form. Participants must click this when they register.
- All team participants must be registered and the team captain must submit a complete team roster to email@example.com (or fax 269.345.2007 by Friday, April 19. No substitutions after April 19.
- Running awards will be given to the top three teams in each division (Open and Corporate) for both races (5K and Half Marathon).
- Spirit Awars will be given to the top three teams in the 5K Walk.
- Team awards will be in the form of a plaque or trophy.
- When scoring or judging is complete, awards will be available at the Awards Tent in Tent City. If not complete on race day, the winners will be notified and publicized on the website.